Thursday, September 22, 2005

Yard Sale

I am so excited - I am having my very first yard sale on Saturday! I've always thought it would be fun to have one, but I have never had much of anything to sell, since I am the opposite of a pack rat. What would that be? I shall have to coin a new idiom. Hmmm. Are there any creatures that throw things away? Anyway, that's my speciality. When in doubt, throw it out. I can't stand clutter, so I make frequent trips to Goodwill.

But now I have my chance. My mother-in-law and sister-in-law were planning on having a joint sale, and I offered my yard as the perfect high visibility location. Really, it will mostly be their sale, as I don't have too much too contribute, but that's alright. As I mentally go through my closets, I realize there are things that I could easily part with (old clothes, weird wedding gifts, books I don't want to reread). I even bought little stickers at Wal-Mart today. Oddly enough, I rarely go to yard sales. To me it's a waste of a Saturday morning to sort through others' junk. But the opportunity to pass off my junk . . . I think I have a large dose of the entrepreneurial (sp?) spirit. It would be an interesting challenge to own my business.

No comments: