Sunday, September 11, 2005

Why, or rather why not?

When I first heard of blogging, I thought it was rather a silly thing to do. Why would someone want to put their personal business on the Internet? But lately, as I have looked into it, and even read a book on it, the blogging bug has bit me. At any rate, I think I will give it a try. For several years now I have had the itch to write and publish - children's books, preteen lit, novels, the like. However, I have done absolutely zilch, as I have a hard time coming up with any ideas. My husband says it is because I read too much. Who knows? But as my college years get ever farther away, I fear that my intellect is starting to dim. I have this uncontrollable urge to do something, anything. I do keep a personal journal sporadically, but never seem to get beyond that. So I will try blogging, perhaps merely as a springboard, or perhaps as an end unto itself. Maybe it is a little pathetic, but the idea of having an audience is a little gratifying, and I hope will encourage me to continue. Pathetic or not, I do seem to have plenty of company out here in the blogosphere.

I plan to write some of my daily experiences, particularly as they relate to raising my two young children. There are many books and articles devoted to surviving the first year of motherhood, but less on what to do after that. However, as my URL suggests, even though I am caught up in potty-training and the like, I still think about other things, such as politics, education, economics, etc. So this will be a bit of pot-luck.

No comments: