Sunday, September 25, 2005

Our yard sale went well, I suppose. I don't really have much to compare it with. My in-laws said that many more people came than they would have had at their house. I made $50-$60, which is fine with me. I didn't have that many items to put in, so I can't complain. My in-laws made a couple of hundred each. It was kind of exciting to sell things. I think I will have to open a retail shop someday (along with all of the other careers I would like to try).

What amazes me is the stuff that people will buy! Most of what I put in was fairly decent still; clothes that I'm just plain tired of, working computer monitor, George Forman grill, etc. Some of the things my in-laws put in were just not worth anything, but yet people bought anyway! H. and I were making fun of my mother-in-law, M. for trying to sell a shower curtain for $3. It was a giant photo of a mountain scene, complete with a field of tulips. The colors were very bright, to say the least. We kept telling her to mark it down, but she wouldn't. And then, a couple bought it! M. was so pleased with herself, because she had originally paid $2 for it at a yardsale!

No comments: