Thursday, September 29, 2005

Toddler Questions

I realize that small children are famous for asking questions, but I did not think it would be this bad. While watching the Jungle Book, S. asked at least ten times, “He’s looking for Mowgli.” Wait a minute! That’s not a question, you say. Oh, but it is at this age. She demanded some sort of response or acknowledgement from me each time. Apparently, all of my remarks were inadequate, since she kept it up for so long. Later in the movie, “Where’s the snake?” repeated four times. At the time, Kaa the snake was very visible on the screen, and she knew it. I wonder what goes through their little minds. Perhaps she just wants to make sure that I am paying attention also. Or maybe she’s looking for confirmation that it really is a snake. I don’t know, though. She is very good at recognizing snakes, and has been for a long time. She does that with other things too. It’s probably all just to drive me crazy.

No comments: