Saturday, October 29, 2005

No More Special Counsels

The usually liberal Post has a shockingly conservative op-ed article slamming special counsels, saying that they overstep the normal bounds of justice, and have too much power. The co-authors try to derail Fitzgerald's indictment of Scooter Libby. They even go so far as to say that Valerie Plame was not a covert agent, just a bureaucrat. First time that I've heard that version of the story, except for a FoxNews article recently that said maybe it wasn't such a bad thing to have blown her cover. I would like to believe these guys are correct, since I'm conservative myself, and desperately trying to hold onto a little bit of faith in the current administration. I looked at several other blogs linking to this article, and they're not buying it. I'm so intrigued that the Post would run this. Perhaps it's just a feeble attempt to appear less biased.

No comments: