Saturday, October 01, 2005

Nips, Tucks, and Implants

These days I have low expectations for how much of General Conference I'll actually hear, so I don't get overly disappointed when my offspring cause me to only hear a few talks. However, I did hear a few gems today. My personal favorite moment was when Elder Holland was talking about body image (mainly to teenage girls) and the pressures of society. He warned against the things some do to themselves trying to fit in, etc. He alluded to eating disorders and even used the word "implanting". Way to go, Elder Holland! Unless you're like a size AA or have been in a car accident or the like, I think cosmetic surgery is crazy! Leaving out issues of self-acceptance, religion, etc., having surgery when you don't have to is astounding. Having had two c-sections, I would never undergo surgery that is not very necessary. It is just too miserable. It amazes me the number of women that have more than one procedure done. Was the first one not painful enough? Or I am just a big wimp?

Disclaimer: You're better off reading the actual talk, than listening to me. It's quite possible I was so distracted that I mixed up the speakers, or misintrepreted the whole thing.

No comments: