Monday, October 31, 2005

Happy Halloween

I am a very practicing Christian.  I like Halloween.  Gasp.  Yes, I think it is a perfectly harmless holiday, particularly for children.  I get so aggravated by certain religious people who think that it is so evil and Satanic.  Maybe it did have pagan roots eons ago, and I’m sure there are Satan-worshipper types today who go all out on October 31, but for the vast majority of normal people today, it is a harmless holiday, if that is what you want it to be.  Dress up in a fun costume, take your kids trick-or-treating and let them learn how you feel when you eat too much candy.  See, it’s even educational.  Throw a fun, safe party.  Carve a jack-o-lantern.  I’m going to make pumpkin cookies this afternoon with Sophie.  She is going to be a dog tonight for her first trick-or-treat outing.  Kate will be a ballerina, but I’m not going to carry her up to the doors to get candy – she’s too young to know the difference.  

No comments: