Saturday, October 01, 2005

New Job

I'm typing this while listening to General Conference online. Our old computer never would have let me do both at the same time. Half the time the audio feed would cut out. I'm listening to the French translation, which is fun. I desperately need the practice.

Big news: J. has accepted a new job. He hadn't really been looking for one, but a friend from church kept trying to interest him in working where he does. Finally, J. listened to him and decided it would be a good change. He will be an internal auditor for a group of banks. This a significant change from the public accounting that he as always done. He thinks he will like the work better, and have more career opportunities than at his current job. Plus, the salary is better, health insurance is cheaper, and there will be no tax season! I'm very pleased about this. It will be a great blessing. The extra money will help us buy our next vehicle - a minivan. No SUVs for me. The main drawback is a thirty minute commute. However, we can always move if we decide we want to. Currently we like our house and don't feel like moving.

No comments: