Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Klondike Derby Sympathy Pains

My husband, in his new role as scoutmaster, is going to the Klondike Derby this weekend. I don't know much about it, except that for some insane reason it involves camping in the dead of winter. J has been avidly following the weather forecast, and it is supposed to get down to 17 degrees on Friday night (with snow on the ground). He's not too happy about that, and I don't blame him. But the other day it occurred to me that I will be suffering too! Why? Well, I have a hard time staying warm at night in the winter, or I did when I was single. But now with a warm body next to me, I'm usually fine. So I told him that I will be also suffering from the cold the night that he is gone. The look on his face was priceless! He couldn't even get any words out! I said, "Oh, is that a little insensitive of me to say that?"

Then I pointed out that that's how we women feel when men complain that they, too, suffer during pregnancy and childbirth!

But seriously, I do feel sorry for my poor husband this weekend, and am glad that I don't have to do it!

No comments: