Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Christmas

I'm a little late writing about this, obviously. We had a Christmas miracle, which some would say was not worthy of being called a miracle, but I say that the Lord does care about a three-year-old’s desires. Before Christmas I guided K into choosing a gift for S, and she picked a Disney princess toy cell phone with a little pink plastic case. Cheap and flashy. When S opened it, K had second thoughts, and some tears were shed as she tried to reclaim the gift.
That afternoon we traveled to my parents’ home and opened more gifts that evening. Lo and behold, my mother had bought the identical toy phone to give to K!! It is exactly the same, except that it features a different princess on it. You have never seen such happy amazement on a little girl’s face. It was definitely the highlight of her Christmas (and perhaps mine too).

No comments: